The objective of this cost share program is to assist landowners in pumping of their septic system. It is the responsibility of the landowner to ensure their septic system is operating correctly, and not risking human and environmental health.
The Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) recommends septic systems be pumped every 3-5 years. If septic systems are not maintained, back up can occur and cause the entire system to fail. The best way to ensure long-term function of a septic system is regular maintenance.
Criteria for Funding
All work must meet all standards and specifications set by the Conservation District to be considered for funding. Criteria include:
- Cost-share will be a flat rate of $100.00 per household. Applicants are eligible every 2 years for funding.
- Applicant understands this is a first come, first serve until program funds are exhausted.
- Upon approval by the authorized Conservation District representative, the property owner shall notify the contractor to proceed.
- An inspection form provided by the Conservation District must be filled out by a licensed septic system contractor: WCNRD Septic Maintenance Checklist
- Property owner is responsible for full payment to the contractor. All payments received by the property owner will be on a reimbursement basis after the Conservation District has received proof of payment (receipt).
- Property owner is responsible for returning the completed inspection form to the Conservation District.
Maintenance must be completed by April 30, 2023 to receive reimbursement
For more information and to apply for this cost share program, download and fill out the forms below:
WCNRD Septic Maintenance Checklist – to be filled out by a licensed septic contractor